Downloader and installer for the nVidia driver package (337.19)(beta) - New branch base
Installing these packages can take a long time. These packages will automatically download the NVIDIA driver (+-70MB) from
http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86_64 or http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86 and save it in /usr/src.
The driver and libraries will be installed after the download.
The installer will install the nVidia files the Bumblebee way. The libraries will NOT interfere with any other libraries of a distribution and will be installed in a seperate nvidia directory. Usage will be controlled by editing the ld.so.conf(.d) and/or using the "ModulePath" var in xorg.conf.
You can also download the NVIDIA package yourself and copy it to the /usr/src directory. The installer will then skip the download part and just install the driver and libraries the Bumblebee way.
These rpms can be used by normal and Optimus enabled nVidia systems.
Tips and tricks
You can use the /usr/lib/nvidia/switch-libGL.sh or /usr/lib64/nvidia/switch-libGL.sh to force the use of the nVidia libGL* libraries.
This is only necessary if an application is compiled with hard linked library paths ( the rpath option was used ), for example "xbmc" from Packman.
A better solution is to start the offending application with:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/nvidia:/usr/lib/nvidia/vdpau <application_name> [ <arguments> ]
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib64/nvidia:/usr/lib64/nvidia/vdpau <application_name> [ <arguments> ]
and force the application to use the nVidia libs.
- Update to 337.19
* Fixed a bug causing mode validation to fail for 4K resolutions
over HDMI in certain situations.
* Added nvidia-settings command line controls for over- and
under-clocking attributes. Please see the nvidia-settings(1) manual
page for more details.
* Fixed several cosmetic issues in the clock control user interface
* Added support for the GLX_EXT_stereo_tree extension. For more details,
see the extension specification:
* Enabled support for using Unified Back Buffer (UBB) and 3D Stereo
with the composite extension on Quadro cards. Using stereo with
a composite manager requires a stereo-aware composite manager.
Otherwise, only the left eye of stereo applications will be displayed.
See the GLX_EXT_stereo_tree extension specification for more details.
* Fixed a bug that caused blank screens and flickering when rotating
displays in a Base Mosaic layout.
* Fixed a bug that caused BadRRCrtc or BadRROutput errors for
big-endian X11 clients making certain XRandR requests.
* Fixed a bug that corrupted certain software rendering, notably
the stippled text used to represent disabled entries in
xterm's pop-up menus.
* Fixed a bug that caused corruption or blank screens on monitors that
use EDID version 1.3 or older when they are connected via
DisplayPort on graphics boards that use external DisplayPort encoders,
such as the Quadro FX 4800.