POSIX.1-2001-Compliant Tar Implementation
Star is a tar like archiver. TAR stands for Tape ARchiver. Star is the
fastest known implementation of a tar archiver.
- FIFO to keep the tape streaming.
- remote tape support.
- accurate sparse files (if the OS supports it).
- pattern matcher to archive and extract a subset of files.
- user tailorable interface for comparing tar archives against file
- path names up to 1024 Bytes may be archived.
- stores and restores all 3 file times (even creation time). With
POSIX.1-2001 the times are in nanosecond granularity.
|_link||0000000045 45 Bytes||about 1 month|