Open Source firmware for Broadcom/AirForce chipset based devices.
What this firmware supports:
* works in infrastructured mode as both station and AP, the latter requires hostapd
* it is compliant with DCF access scheme in b and g modes, not tested in a bands
* Preliminary testing shows that ad-hoc mode works as it does with proprietary firmware
What this firmware does not support:
* does not implement RTS/CTS handshake procedure, must be disabled on module load
* does not work with hardware cryptography acceleration, use without encryption!
* does not work with dot11 QoS, must be disabled on module load
* does not work with PCMCIA 4306/18 cards: we are still working to support them