The Pantomime framework supports the major mail protocols: POP3, IMAP, and SMTP.
Pantomime provides a set of Objective-C classes that model a mail system. Pantomime can be seen as a JavaMail 1.2 clone written in Objective-C.
Pantomime is almost entirely written in Objective-C. The C language is only used where performance is critical. Pantomime uses a little bit of ELM code.
Pantomime is used in the project GNUMail. It has been included since the release 0.7.0pre2 of GNUMail.app.
* A full MIME encoder and decoder
* A 'folder view' to local mailboxes (Berkeley Format), POP3 accounts or IMAP mailboxes
* A powerful API to work on all aspects of Message objects
* A local mailer and a SMTP conduit for sending messages
* APOP and SMTP AUTH support
* IMAP and POP3 URL Scheme support
* iconv and Core Foundation support
* UNIX mbox and maildir support
* SSL/TLS support for IMAP, POP3 and SMTP
* and more!