Python network library that uses greenlet and libevent
Gevent is a Python networking library that uses greenlet to provide synchronous
API on top of a libevent event loop. Features include:
* Fast event loop based on libevent.
* Lightweight execution units based on greenlet.
* Familiar API that re-uses concepts from the Python standard library.
* Cooperative sockets with ssl support.
* DNS queries performed through libevent-dns.
* Ability to use standard library and 3rd party modules written for standard
* Fast WSGI server based on libevent-http.
gevent is inspired by eventlet but features more consistent API, simpler
implementation and better performance. Read why others use gevent and check
out the list of the open source projects based on gevent.