HTTP library with thread-safe connection pooling, file post, and more
- Re-use the same socket connection for multiple requests
(HTTPConnectionPool and HTTPSConnectionPool)
(with optional client-side certificate verification).
- File posting (encode_multipart_formdata).
- Built-in redirection and retries (optional).
- Supports gzip and deflate decoding.
- Thread-safe and sanity-safe.
- Works with AppEngine, gevent, and eventlib.
- Tested on Python 2.6+ and Python 3.3+, 100% unit test coverage.
- Small and easy to understand codebase perfect for extending and building upon.
For a more comprehensive solution, have a look at
Requests which is also powered by urllib3.