libzypp is the package management library that powers applications like YaST, zypper and the openSUSE/SLE implementation of PackageKit.
libzypp provides all the functionality for a package manager:
* An API for package repository management, supporting most common repository metadata formats and signed repositories.
* An API for solving packages, products, patterns and patches (installation, removal, update and distribution upgrade operations) dependencies, with additional features like locking.
* An API for commiting the transaction to the system over a rpm target. Supporting deltarpm calculation, media changing and installation order calculation.
* An API for browsing available and installed software, with some facilities for programs with an user interface.
* A suite of maintained solving testcases representing common and uncommon operations on Linux software management