Extensible GTK2 based Jabber client written in python
Gajim is a jabber GTK2 client written in Python.
This package is a nightly (or weekly) automated
mercurial install for OpenSUSE.
The goal of Gajim is to provide a full featured
and easy to use Jabber client. Gajim works nicely
with GNOME, but does not require it to run. It is
released under the GNU General Public License.
If you find bugs or have ideas how Gajim can be
better, please send tickets to http://gajim.org
* Tabbed chat window and single window modes
* Group chat support (with MUC protocol),
invitation, chat to groupchat transformation,
minimize groupchat to roster
* Emoticons, Avatars, PEP (user activity, mood
* File transfer, Room Bookmarks
* Metacontacts Support
* Trayicon, Speller, extented chat history
* TLS, GPG and End-To-End encryption support
(with SSL legacy support)
* Transport Registration support
* Service Discovery including Nodes, user search
* Wikipedia, dictionary and search engine lookup
* Multiple accounts support
* DBus Capabilities. Read more information
* XML Console
* link local (bonjour / zeroconf)
* Available in 24 languages.
Optionally, you might want to install python-pydns
to enable runtime SRV support.
This package is a "nightly" mercurial install version
so it will keep up-to-date features (Solving previous
problems or adding new features) perhaps at the
expense of stability. Your choice.