UCARP is a portable implementation of the CARP protocol.
UCARP allows a couple of hosts to share common virtual IP addresses in order to
provide automatic failover. It is a portable userland implementation of the
secure and patent-free Common Address Redundancy Protocol (CARP, OpenBSDâ€™s
alternative to the patents-bloated VRRP).
Strong points of the CARP protocol are: very low overhead, cryptographically
signed messages, interoperability between different operating systems and no
need for any dedicated extra network link between redundant hosts.
* Frank DENIS <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Eric Evans <email@example.com>
* David H <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Richard Bellamy <email@example.com>
* Russell Mosemann - neutral mode and bug fixes.