This systems administrator, tuner, benchmark tool gives you a huge amount of
important performance information in one go. It can output the data in two ways
1. On screen (console, telnet, VNC, putty or X Windows) using curses for low
CPU impact which is updated once every two seconds. You hit single characters
on you keyboard to enable/disable the various sorts of data.
* You can display the CPU, memory, network, disks (mini graphs or numbers),
file systems, NFS, top processes, resources (Linux version & processors)
and on Power micro-partition information.
2. Save the data to a comma separated file for analysis and longer term data
* Use this together with nmon Analyser Excel 2000 spreadsheet, which loads
the nmon output file and automatically creates dozens of graphs ready for
you to study or write performance reports.
* Filter this data, add it to a rrd database (using an excellent freely
available utility called rrdtool). This graphs the data to .gif or .png
files plus generates the webpage .html file and you can then put the
graphs directly on a website automatically on AIX with no need of a
Windows based machine.
* Directly put the data into a rrd database or other database for your own