Statistical machine translation system
Moses is a statistical machine translation system that allows you to automatically train translation models for any language pair. All you need is a collection of translated texts (parallel corpus).
* beam-search: an efficient search algorithm finds quickly the highest probability translation among the exponential number of choices
* phrase-based: the state-of-the-art in statistical machine translation allows the translation of short text chunks
* factored: words may have factored representation (surface forms, lemma, part-of-speech, morphology, word classes...)
* Moses is a drop-in replacement for Pharaoh, the popular phrase-based decoder, with many extensions.
* Moses allows the decoding of confusion networks, enabling easy integration with ambiguous upstream tools, such as automatic speech recognizers
* Moses features novel factored translation models, which enable the integration linguistic and other information at many stages of the translation process