FreeWRL is a VRML client with the following features:
* FreeWRL supports the VRML97 and X3D open standards;
* FreeWRL is confirmed as "Interchange Profile" conformant by the Web3d Consortium;
* FreeWRL runs on OSX and Linux, it runs within Web browsers, or standalone;
* FreeWRL is ReWire and MIDI enabled for sound-based interaction;
* FreeWRL is able to interconnect to other programs using MIDI, or the EAI and SAI external programming interfaces;
* FreeWRL is open source , and is maintained by a world wide collection of volunteers, and employees of the Canadian Government.