This package is based on the package 'rubygem-rake' from project 'devel:languages:ruby:extensions'.
This package contains Rake, a simple ruby build program with
capabilities similar to make.
Rake has the following features:
* Rakefiles (rake's version of Makefiles) are completely defined in
standard Ruby syntax. No XML files to edit. No quirky Makefile
syntax to worry about (is that a tab or a space?)
* Users can specify tasks with prerequisites.
* Rake supports rule patterns to sythesize implicit tasks.
* Flexible FileLists that act like arrays but know about
manipulating file names and paths.
* A library of prepackaged tasks to make building rakefiles easier.
Jim Weirich <firstname.lastname@example.org>