python-gsmmodem is a module that allows easy control of a GSM modem attached
to the system. It also includes a couple of useful commandline utilities for
interacting with a GSM modem.
Its features include:
- simple methods for sending SMS messages, checking signal level, etc
- easy-to-use API for starting and responding to USSD sessions and making voice calls
- handling incoming phone calls and received SMS messages via callback methods
- support for SMS PDU and text mode
- support for tracking SMS status reports
- wraps AT command errors into Python exceptions by default
- modular design; you easily issue your own AT commands to the modem with error
(with error checking), or read/write directly from/to the modem if you prefer
- comprehensive test suite
- GSMTerm: an easy-to-use serial terminal for communicating with an attached GSM
modem. It features command completion, built-in help for many AT commands,
history, context-aware prompt, etc.
- sendsms.py: a simple command line script to send SMS messages
- identify-modem.py: simple utility to identify attached modem. Can also be used to
provide debug information used for development of python-gsmmodem.