G15daemon driver/multiplexer for Logitech G15 keyboard w/LCD
The G15daemon is a userspace driver/multiplexer for the Logitech G15 keyboard w/LCD screen, using
libg15 for low-level keyboard control. Some of the features of g15daemon are:
* Allows all extra G15 keys to be used in applications.
* It allows for multiple simultaneous LCD clients.
* Virtualises the LCD, the user can select which application is displayed with a simple keypress.
* Clients talk to the daemon via a simple protocol.
* Client applications have full control over LCD backlight and contrast.
* Perl and Python bindings are available in the archive.
* Lcdproc 5.1 contains a driver to talk to the daemon.
* A patch is available in the archive for version 1.3 of libgraphlcd, allowing applications using
graphlcd to now use the keyboard's LCD via the daemon. [The SVN version of graphlcd now includes
the driver this patch provided].
* Shell scripts can talk to the daemon via g15composer.
* G15daemon now has Mac OS X support. Check out the download section for some binary files. A
Mac OS X howto is also available.