GNU Xnee is a suite of programs that can record, replay and distribute user actions under the X11 environment. Think of it as a robot that can imitate the job you just did. GNU Xnee is licensed under GNU GPLv3.
Xnee can be used to
* Automate tests - e.g nightly automatic regression tests
* Demonstrate programs - e.g record and replay a user interaction with your system
* Distribute actions - e.g teacher's actions can be sent to all student's desktops
* Record and replay 'macro' - e.g Tie a key modifier combination (e.g using xkeymouse) to replay a recorded session. The macro is WM- and program independent.
* Retype a file - e.g When testing an editor, Xnee can type in the content of a file. This can be compared with the original.