Eat the Whistle is a multi-platform 2D soccer game
Eat The Whistle is an OpenSource soccer game originally developed by
Hurricane Studios as commercial product for the Amiga platform.
It has a lot of features never seen in other soccer games. It has
been released under the GPL licence version 2 in the year 2002.
The original Amiga version has been made portable with the help of
the SDL library.
* System friendly. Run in a window or fullscreen, can be played
also on old machines (runs pefectly on a P200).
* World cup, leagues, cups with real teams (with slightly modified
* Can be played through keyboard or joypad/joysticks (USB or Gameport).
* Network playing through TCP/IP (not yet finished).
* Very intuitive control method with acceleration/deceleration.
* More than 550 frames of animations for the players, 300 for the
goalkeeper, 100 for the refree and a lot of other graphics.
* 30 different fields, including muddy, frozen and wet.
* Fouls, corners, throw-in with an intuitive control system.
* Role playing. (You can play a match as the whole team or only as a player).
* About every thing in the game is configurable via intuitive menus.
* Game Tactics and tactic editor.
* Heading and other special shots with intuitive controls.
* Team players (with individual stats) and team editor (the editor is
actually available only for AmigaOS).
* Import SWOS (Sensible word of soccer) teams.
* Arcade mode with powerups, bonuses... (something like Speedball II).
* Replays (with load/save option).
* Spoken comment (actually broken).
NOTE: you must be member of the group 'games' to play the game!