Advanced 3D fractal generator
Mandelbulber is an experimental application that helps to make rendering 3D Mandelbrot fractals much more accessible. A few of the supported 3D fractals: Mandelbulb, Mandelbox, BulbBox, JuliaBulb, Menger Sponge, Quaternion, Trigonometric, Hypercomplex, and Iterated Function Systems (IFS). All of these
can be combined into infinite variations with the ability to hybridize different formulas together.
** FEATURES **
* GUI created in the GTK+ 2 environment.
* Multi-core rendering.
* 3D Navigator with tools to see how close the camera is to the fractal surface.
* Complex 3D shading: hard shadows, 3 modes of ambient occlusion, depth of field, reflections, fog, glow, primitive objects, and water.
* Lights can be manually or randomly placed. Volumetric lighting available.
* Camera animation: Keyframe and mouse controlled flight.
* Keyframe animation of all parameters.
* Camera lenses: three-point projection, fisheye, and equirectangular projection.
* Distance estimation algorithm to reduce render times and artifacts of ray marching.
* Low memory mode to render images larger than 16,000 x 16,000 pixels.
* OpenCL support.