Packet sniffer and a LAN analyzer based on Libnet and Libpcap
Nast is a packet sniffer and a LAN analyzer based on Libnet and Libpcap. It can sniff in normal mode or in promiscuos mode the packets on a network interface and log it. It dumps the headers of packets and the payload in ascii or ascii-hex format. You can apply a filter. The sniffed data can be saved in a separated file.
As analyzer tool, it has many features like:
* Build LAN hosts list
* Follow a TCP-DATA stream
* Find LAN internet gateways
* Discorver promiscous nodes
* Reset an established connection
* Perform a single half-open portscanner
* Perform a multi half-open portscanner
* Find link type (hub or switch)
* Catch daemon banner of LAN nodes
* Control arp answers to discover possible arp-spoofings
* Byte couting with an optional filter
* Write reports logging
It also provides a new ncurses interface.