A Cross-Platform Java Application Launcher
Commons-launcher eliminates the need for a batch or shell script to
launch a Java class. Some situations where elimination of a batch or
shell script may be desirable are:
* You want to avoid having to determining where certain application
paths are, for example, your application's home directory.
Determining this dynamically in a Windows batch scripts is very
tricky on some versions of Windows or when softlinks are used on
* You want to avoid having to handle native file and path separators
or native path quoting issues.
* You need to enforce certain system properties, such as
java.endorsed.dirs when running with JDK 1.4.
* You want to allow users to pass custom JVM arguments or system
properties without having to parse and reorder arguments in your
script. This can be tricky or messy in batch and shell scripts.
* You want to bootstrap system properties from a configuration file
instead hard-coding them in your batch and shell scripts.
* You want to provide localized error messages, which is very tricky to
do in batch and shell scripts.