Lightweight X11 desktop panel based on fbpanel
LXPanel is a lightweight X11 desktop panel containing:
1. User-friendly application menu automatically generated from *.desktop files on the system
2. Launcher bar (Small icons clicked to launch apps)
3. Task bar supporting urgency hint (Can flash when gaim gets new incoming messages)
4. Notification area (System tray)
5. Digital clock
6. Run dialog (A dialog lets you type a command and run it, can be called in external programs)
7. Net status icon plug-in (optional, ported from gnome-netstatus-applet)
8. Volume control plug-in (optional, written by jserv)
9. lxpanelctl, an external controller lets you control lxpanel in other programs.
For example, "lxpanelctl run" will show the Run dialog in lxpanel, and "lxpanelctl menu"
will show the application menu. This is useful in key bindings provided by window managers.