This is an audio recorder application for the GNOME 2.x/3.x and Ubuntu's Unity Desktops, which allows you to record your favourite music and audio to a file. It can record audio from your system's soundcard, microphones, browsers, webcams and more. Put simply: if it plays out of your loudspeakers you can record it.
It has an advanced timer that can:
* Start, stop or pause recording at a given clock time.
* Start, stop or pause after a time period.
* Stop when the recorded file size exceeds a limit.
* Start recording on voice or sound (user can set the audio level and delay).
* Stop or pause recording on "silence" (user can set the audio level and delay).
The recording can be automatically controlled by:
* RhythmbBox audio player.
* Banshee audio player.
* Amarok and other MPRIS compatible players.
* Skype. It can automatically record all your Skype calls without any user interaction.
It supports several audio (output) formats such as OGG audio, Flac, MP3 and WAV.