A feature-rich screen recorder that supports X11 and OpenGL
SimpleScreenRecorder is a Linux program that was created to record programs and games.
Original goal was to create a program that was just really simple to use, and the result is actually a pretty powerful program. It's 'simple' in the sense that it's easier to use than ffmpeg/avconv or VLC, because it has a straightforward user interface.
* Graphical user interface (Qt-based).
* Faster than VLC and ffmpeg/avconv.
* Records the entire screen or part of it, or records OpenGL applications
directly (similar to Fraps on Windows).
* Synchronizes audio and video properly (a common issue with VLC and ffmpeg/avconv).
* Reduces the video frame rate if your computer is too slow (rather than
using up all your RAM like VLC does).
* Fully multithreaded: small delays in any of the components will never
block the other components, resulting is smoother video and better
performance on computers with multiple processors.
* Pause and resume recording at any time (either by clicking a button or by
pressing a hotkey).
* Shows statistics during recording (file size, bit rate, total recording
time, actual frame rate, ...).
* Can show a preview during recording, so you don't waste time recording
something only to figure out afterwards that some setting was wrong.
* Uses libav/ffmpeg libraries for encoding, so it supports many different
codecs and file formats (adding more is trivial).
* Sensible default settings: no need to change anything if you don't want to.
* Tooltips for almost everything: no
|0.3.3.tar.gz||0001571466 1.5 MB||over 6 years|
|baselibs.conf||0000000016 16 Bytes||over 6 years|
|simplescreenrecorder.changes||0000005311 5.19 KB||over 6 years|
|simplescreenrecorder.spec||0000004834 4.72 KB||over 6 years|
|ssr-0.3.3-ffmpeg-pkgconfig.diff||0000029455 28.8 KB||over 6 years|
|ssr-0.3.3-fix-disable-x86-asm.diff||0000004840 4.73 KB||over 6 years|