iWatch is a realtime filesystem monitoring program.
iWatch monitor the filesystem's integrity in realtime and will send
alarm immediately to the system administrator when there is any changes
in the monitored filesystem. iWatch is written in Perl and based on
inotify, a file change notification system, a kernel feature that
allows applications to request the monitoring of a set of files against
a list of events.
Currently it can:
- run in command line mode as well as in daemon mode
- using an easy xml configuration file
- can watch directory recursively and watch new created directory
- can have a list of exceptions
- can use regex to compare the file/directory name
- can execute command if an event occures
- send email
- print time stamp