Beaker is a web session and general caching library that includes WSGI
middleware for use in web applications.
As a general caching library, Beaker can handle storing for various times
any Python object that can be pickled with optional back-ends on a
Beaker was built largely on the code from MyghtyUtils, then refactored and
extended with database support.
Beaker includes Cache and Session WSGI middleware to ease integration with
WSGI capable frameworks, and is automatically used by Pylons.
* Fast, robust performance
* Multiple reader/single writer lock system to avoid duplicate simultaneous
* Cache back-ends include dbm, file, memory, memcached, and database (Using
SQLAlchemy for multiple-db vendor support)
* Signed cookie's to prevent session hijacking/spoofing
* Cookie-only sessions to remove the need for a db or file backend (ideal
for clustered systems)
* Extensible Container object to support new back-ends
* Cache's can be divided into namespaces (to represent templates, objects,
etc.) then keyed for different copies
* Create functions for automatic call-backs to create new cache copies after
* Fine-grained toggling of back-ends, keys, and expiration per Cache object