FlashQard is an educational software to improve your learning process. It is designed to help you learn not only a new language but anything that can be learnt!
This aim is achieved by using the widely used method, called Leitner System, and the idea of "different card types for different purposes".
Leitner System (proposed by Sebastian Leitner in the 1970s) is one the most efficient methods for learning. Which allows you to focus on the most difficult flashcards and not waste your time on what you have already learnt.
Some of the current features are:
* Free and open source software (GPL License).
* Arranges flashcards in different categories.
* Different types of flashcard for different purposes.
* Multi sided vocabulary cards
* Interactive map cards for geography training (capital of countries, location of countries, states, cities,...)
* An advanced text editor for editing rich text.
* Infinite number of images can be inserted inside each flashcard.
* An image editor embedded inside the text editor
* Can fetch appropriate images from internet (Google images).
* Unicode support.
* Can save all flashcards (even images) within a single file in XML format.
Therefore, it can be carried and used elsewhere.
* Supports KVTML and CSV file formats.
* Import and merge other files.
* Records every answer to each flashcard for analysis.
* [Auto]Pronounce as you go through your cards ("espeak" program should be installed).
* Displays you which flashcards should be reviewed during the session (but it doesn't persuade you to review only those).
* Fully customizable review.
* Search for flashcards (title/contents. Regular Expressions are also supported).
* Available for GNU/Linux and MS Windows.
* Available in other languages.