An inkscape plugin for rendering gears. This gears-dev extension is an enhancement of
the stock gears extension that ships with inkscape.
- Our version handles bosth metric module and circular pitch,
- Central hole for the shaft and some radial holes (and spokes) to make gear lighter.
- More accurate tooth profile. Selecting automatic, or low/med/high with up to 20 points per tooth.
- Center cross (easy for aligning); off by default, can be turned on
- The rotational center is now in the center of the gear, not in the center of the bounding box.
- Pitch circle (easy for meshing; circles should touch for meshing gears); off by defalut can be turned on
- Info: in the SVG there is now an extra field telling a little about the gear (easy if you want to make a meshing gear but you forgot the settings used)
- Annotation text is available for easier debugging.
- included an option to render rack gear.
Gijs van Oort (lp:~gijsvanoort)
Jürgen Weigert (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Mark Schafer <email@example.com>