Drush git release noteshttp://drupal.org/project/grn
This script is a Drush extension that:
- Generates release notes from commits between two git tags or commits
- The end point can also be a branch, for example drush rn 6.x-1.0 6.x-1.x
- The --commit-count parameter adds the number of commits to the header output
- The command is release-notes, relnotes, or just rn
- The --git option makes the command use the specified git binary
- In the output, any commits that contain an issue number (#12345), it will be transformed into a link (<a href="/node/12345">#12345</a>)
- If the commit message has any combination of leading 'Issue ', 'Patch ', or '- ', they will all be removed, for consistency.
- The --baseurl option allows you to change the base of the issue links to a different site.
- Support for --pipe
- hook_release_notes_alter() is an alter hook for the output